Answer key to Quiz 6:
- If one strand of a DNA molecule contains the sequence 5'-ACCGATCT-3',
what sequence will be found on the opposite (i.e., complementary) strand?
- If the proportion of thymine found in an organism's DNA is 20 percent, which of
the following proportions must be true?
a. percent G = 30 percent
- Prior to replication of a new DNA strand, RNA primers (i.e., short RNA
segments complementary to parental DNA) are synthesized by:
d. RNA primase
- Elongation of a new DNA strand always proceeds in which direction?
a. 5' -> 3'
- Which of the following is true during DNA replication in prokaryotes but not
c. there is only one origin of replication
- Transcription of DNA begins when RNA polymerase binds to a special region
known as the:
- Following transcription in eukaryotes, the mRNA transcript is edited to
- The complex of snRNPs and other proteins used to accomplish the editing
described in #7 is called a:
- The RNA-directed synthesis of polypeptides is:
- The ability of one tRNA to recognize two or three different mRNA codons is